What is Jmeter ?
The Apache JMeter™ application is open source software, a 100% pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
Download Jmeter :-
Prerequisites :- Java 1.8 or latest ( http://www.java.com)
Limitations of Jmeter :
- If we run more load in GUI mode it will consume more memory and sometimes JVM will crash
- We have thread limitations based on the OS as well script size.
- Open Source and free of cost
- We can execute n Number of runs
- Easy understanding
- Flexible reporting
- Platform Independent
- Multi-Threading concept
- IT Management and Capacity Allocation
- Reporting Capabilities
- No Support- we need to depend on forums
- Only Java based application